Love Knows No One 2014
Who ever wrote this is ignorant as fuck. You obviously know nothing about sexuality. It’s not the same thing, wanna know why? As someone who’s transgender I’ve been turned down by girls who are bisexual based on my gender identity. Not all bisexual girls are comfortable dating a girl with a penis. Gender and orientation is so much more complicated than the labels we throw on them. Fuck it, here’s a lesson in Gender Studies 101. And sorry if I make any mistakes as I’m not an expert.
- Cisgender/Females/Males (People who identify as their biological sex.)
- Transwomen/Transmen (People who identify with the opposite gender.)
- Intersexed/Hermaphrodite (Born biologically both genders.)
- Crossdresser/Femboy/Butchgirl (Someone who identifies as cisgender but denies the social gender norms.)
- Gender-Fluid/BiGender (Someone who identifies with different genders and switches between them.)
- Genderqueer/Androgynous/Third Gender (Someone who doesn’t identify with gender at all or someone who simultaneously has both gender characteristics.)
- Straight (Attracted to opposite sex.)
- Gay/Lesbian (Attracted to same sex.)
- Heteroflexible (Attracted to opposite sex with flexibility.)
- Homoflexible (Attracted to same sex with flexibility.)
- Fluctuating/Evolving/Curious (Someone who’s attraction isn’t certain and developing.)
- Asexual (Someone who’s not attracted to any gender.)
- Bisexual (Someone who’s attracted to females and males)
- Pansexual (Someone who doesn’t see gender or isn’t important to them.)
Not to mention there’s things like “panromantic” who’s someone romantically attracted to all genders but may differ sexually. Romace and sexuality aren’t always congruent. But I’m not getting into that list. I need sleep. Personally, I’m a transgirl who’s homoflexible romantically. But sexually I’m still evolving and may be more open to the male sex. But when it comes to sexuality, I’m complicated as fuck.
There are most certainly people who claim to be panseuxal and don’t even understand the word. That may make them seem like a special little snowflake. But if you wouldn’t date someone because they’re a guy with a vagina, or because they’re a boy who likes to wear makeup. You’re probably not pansexual. But fuck it, why do we force labels on something so complex that most of us don’t even understand?